Friday 27 December 2013

Places To Visit: Rome, Italy

I finally got to live my dream this summer and go to Rome. I've wanted to go ever since I was little. The apartment we rented was right next to the Coliseum - the first time I saw it was an amazing moment.

Here's a list of things to do if you ever visit the Eternal City:

1) Enjoy the local cuisine. There was a quaint little restaurant near our apartment - the spaghetti I had there was probably the best food I've ever tasted in my life. The ice cream is good, too, but be warned - it's expensive!

2) See the Trevi Fountain. The best time to go is at night, because the water is illuminated with little lights. It's so beautiful! Whenever you go, it'll be packed. Don't forget to make a wish - use your right hand to throw the coin over your left shoulder for it to come true.

3) Visit the Villa Borghese - the park is the perfect place to take pictures, and you can rent a boat in the lake. Very romantic!

4) Visit the Coliseum. The queues are very long, but it's definitely worth it! The Roman amphitheatre is an amazing sight. You can just imagine what it was like all those thousands of years ago.


5) See the Vatican. Again, expect long queues, but how else are you going to see the Sistine Chapel, with Michelangelo's intricate paintings all over it? Definitely worth a visit.

Of course, there's much more! Have you ever been to Rome? Or would you like to go? Tell me in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. yeah Rome is fab :) amjad

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw do you have any new years resolutions? amjad

    ReplyDelete